Wouldn't it be nice if half term didn't feel as if it were dragging?
If your first thought of the day wasn't 'I can't wait to go back to work' when you've been looking forward to a week off for as long as you can remember?
We know the feeling and we want to help!
My Trend Global if your one stop family shop that aims to make your family life simpler, practical and more fun.
However, that doesn't mean our only goal is to provide you with fantastic products that compliment your lifestyle; we want to go above and beyond and help each and everyone of you anyway we can! Which, of course, includes some great advice on how to keep your children occupied for FREE this October half term.
Fancy a half term that doesn’t crawl by and leave your bank account near empty? Have a look at our Top 10 Boredom Busters below!
- Bake a cake – sometimes when we’re panicking about what to do with the kids during half term, we forget the simple things! Baking a cake is fun, good for the soul and also teaches your little one’s valuable skills for the future. You could even make a bake sale out of it!
- Go for a picnic at your local nature reserve – you don’t have to ‘eat out’ to eat out! Make a packed lunch with your little ones full of their favourite sandwiches, fruit and snacks. Head to your local nature reserve for a full-blown family feast!
- Go for a bike ride – the possibilities are endless! Exercise is good for the body and mind. Pop into your local town or village and enjoy the scenery on a leisurely bike ride.
- Learn a new skill - you can find free tutorials for just about anything online! From juggling to making balloon animals; learn a new skill together!
- Volunteer at an animal shelter - enquire at your local shelter to see if they need an extra pair of hands for the day! Your children will learn valuable skills and enjoy a day with a variety of animals (age restrictions may apply)
- Arts and crafts day – this could be anything from making finger puppets, designing cards to rock painting! (Find a good sized, smooth rock; paint it, let it dry and then leave it somewhere for others to find!) Join the ‘Rock Painting Map’ group on Facebook to find painted rocks nearby.
- Invite the whole family round for a sports day competition in the garden! A bit of friendly competition is great fun for all the family. Try out the egg and spoon race, three-legged race and create some fun obstacles to run, jump and crawl through!
- Have a fun family photo shoot – make some fun props, find that fancy dress outfit out the closet and snap some pictures. 'Because every picture tells a story'
- How about a good old-fashioned board game? The world doesn’t need to revolve around the internet and video games. Strip it back to the good old days and play a game of frustration or monopoly.
- Finally, why not go on a camping trip? Even if its only in your back garden! If your feeling brave, invite a couple of their friends over to join in too!